TriathleteView Project Online
This project was a full redesign for Triathlete.com. Led the development team side of the project and helped in the development of some of aspects of the design for better user experience and to have the best site optimization.
The Triathlete brand is a print and online media source that focuses on educating and motivating triathletes of all levels.
Triathlete.com receives an average of 300,000 unique visitors a month and an average of 780,000 monthly sessions.
Ongoing performance and features were required as part of the upkeep of the site.
- Site uses transients/object cache plugin to give visitors the best experience possible
- Menus are cached until new posts are published (mega menus), or the menus are saved again (footer)
- Home page has modular segments cached as well until new post IDs are defined in the admin theme settings area
- DFP ads loaded asynchronously with refresh and lazy load features
- Query optimization for best user experience
- Lazy Loaded images across site on anything below fold
- Fully responsive design
- Mega Menu display on desktop
- Fly-out menu on mobile
- Modular page layouts
- Full Google AMP and Facebook Instant Articles Implementation
- Custom WP DFP Ads plugin for creating, managing, and editing DFP delivered ads