Web developer with background and interest in full-stack development, accessibility, mentoring, automation, and clean code. Optimization and automation are two of my favorite tasks to make team workflow cleaner and better with such tools as linters and continuous integrations.
Skills & Knowledge
- Web Dev:
- Git, SVN, Composer, PHPCS
- SEO, a11y focus (WCAG 2.1 AA),
- Google tools: Analytics, Tag Manager, Ad Manager, Optimize (A/B testing)
- Cloudflare, Optimizely, Algolia, New Relic, SiteImprove, BrightEdge, Hotjar
- Node.js, NPM, webpack, Gulp, Grunt, stylelint, ESLint
- LinkedIn and Facebook APIs for lead hand off and flow optimization
- Libraries/frameworks: Bootstrap, Swift, Foundation, React, jQuery
- Graphic Design: Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- OS & office software: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Microsoft Office.
- Management: Project manage and mentor other developers and co-workers. Develop strategy and manage optimizations.
- Language: Fluent in English and Spanish.
Associate Director of Web Development
July 2020 – present
Senior Web Developer
July 2019 – June 2020
June 2018 – July 2019
National University System
San Diego, CA & Remote | June 2019 – present
- Duties and functions:
- Lead the development of websites on the full stack of the team.
- Create custom WP themes, plugins, and related functionality following WP coding standards.
- Upkeep to meet Google’s Web Core Vitals and SEO standards.
- Integration testing to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
- Providing technical guidance, code reviews, and lead/mentor developers on best practices and problem-solving.
- Creating development standards and code that can be used within the team.
- Develop linters to check team’s code and keep code consistent with-in the team, contractors, and external teams.
- Build tools to reduce redundancies, errors/bugs, and improve customer experience.
- Integration of third-party APIs and technologies.
- Create wireframes based on UX research and client needs/requests.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the following teams to develop websites, tools, strategy, and deliver results: Design, Paid Media, Video, Social, Leadership, Accounts/Project Management.
- Develop and/or assign web dev team milestones, projects, and tools for workflow optimization and team knowledge growth.
- Organize and lead brainstorming sessions for projects, department roadmaps, etc.
- Project Manage web development team’s internal projects through GitHub.
Competitor Group Inc.
San Diego, CA | June 2015 – February 2018
- WordPress based website management.
- Member of the Creative team, working closely with Design and Marketing while being involved in campaigns and thought process throughout projects.
- Custom WordPress plugin, widget, and theme development for website features.
- Lead developer on Triathlete.com redesign.
- Lead developer on Ads integration and development (Google DFP/Ads).
- Perform maintenance, upgrades, and optimizations for company websites.
Online Research Assistant & Webmaster
San Diego, CA | May 2014 – June 2015
- Responsible for survey programming and coding complex surveys.
- Oversee and program company website.
- Program and manage blogs, expert panels, and forums for online community sites.
- Create data analysis reports for quantitative research.
- Collaborate with Online Research Assistants on graphic design projects.
- Responsible for programming an algorithm to the company’s system for segmentation purposes that helped save hours of data analysis.
- Awarded “Most Innovative Employee of the Year” for 2014.
- Within 3 months of working in Culturati’s Online department, also became an integral member of the quantitative and qualitative departments by using programming logic and Metric Studio’s Report Builder to assist in creating and automating reports.
June 2007 – Present
- Freelance coding of website designs for graphic design firms and artists.
- Front-end and back-end coding for UX and admin sections; particular focus on WordPress.
- Self-taught all web development code & techniques using various books and websites (e.g. Sitepoint, A Book Apart).
Coursework in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
San Diego State University
Fall 2007 – Fall 2009
Associate of Science, Mathematics
Imperial Valley College